Dan

Dan
Dan Gisvold at Bear Creek

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Concerts

Dan loved the Vocal Arts Ensemble concerts. He was in awe of the sound that we produced, the control, the clarity. He was always amazed at the feeling that we all exuded around and over the music that we sang.

When he was in Montana I always sent him a DVD of our performances. He would watch them and even critique them occasionally.

When he saw his first concert in person he was blown away. He had no words to express the difference in feeling from the DVD to the concert itself. Once he was here in California he did not miss a concert. He often served as an usher in order to see peoples faces and interact with them before and after the concert.

On April 20, 2011 VAE will travel to Santa Cruz to sing with the Santa Cruz Chorale. My brother Bill and his wife Kathy plan to be there.

It will be the first concert the Vocal Arts has given since Dan died.

This one is gonna be very hard.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gael,

    Thanks for your comment on my blog. It really meant a lot to me. The title of your blog and this post brought tears to my eyes. I look forward to catching up on the other posts you've written. Good luck on your journey and let me know if I can help.

    ReplyDelete