Dan

Dan
Dan Gisvold at Bear Creek

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Grief

I have lost people to death. I have felt grief. But losing a sibling, a brother, who was my best friend has created a pain that I can not describe. I talked to him every day usually as I left for work. I would ask what kind of load he had and where he was going.
I learned a great deal about trucking and how we all get our supplies-food, clothing, any other necessities. Dan took them from one place to another every day. I learned how to drive around a big rig-to give them space to stop or space to see me on the freeway.
We would often talk as he drove down the road. He would rant about the latest political issue or whatever was on his mind. Books and music were his favorite issues. He was always trying to get me to read some book or another and I usually did. His picks were always right.
I think I will read one of those books again tonight.

1 comment:

  1. I know this is hard--I can't even imagine how hard, really--but I do look forward to hearing about your brother.

    ReplyDelete