Dan

Dan
Dan Gisvold at Bear Creek

Friday, December 17, 2010

Old Friends

I have been talking to people I haven't seen or heard from in 30-40 years. Sometimes my memory of them is vague and then they start a story about Dan. Their memories bring up my memories and I see Dan as a kid in our house in Lindsay or in the high school band.
When Jon Awbrey called the memories were so strong....Dances at Camp Nelson that I was allowed to go to because Dan and friends were there. Of course, they could have cared less what I did as long as I didn't tell Mom and Dan what THEY were doing!
Dan loved Camp Nelson. Our cabin there was a place he could be himself, go fishing, hike off by himself.
Just a few months ago he bought the cabin right next to our family cabin so that he could have a place of his own up there. He planned to start fixing it up in the Spring.
As friends call, it all comes back. Camp Nelson will never be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment