Dan

Dan
Dan Gisvold at Bear Creek

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Grey's Anatomy

This morning I sat with the dogs (Mohawk on my left side, in the chair; LadyBug on my lap, and Zelda on the floor on my left where I can pet her head) and watched the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy. It is a series that Dan really enjoyed. He loved the soap opera of the whole thing. We would often have discussions about who did what to whom on the show and those discussions would last longer than the episode.

Our last discussion was how Christina needed to take her head out of her a** and get back to being Christina. He railed on about how Sandra Ho was a great actress and they needed to let her expand her character not restrict the character in tragedy and self-doubt.

So as I am watching this episode and the plot is letting Christina be Christina again, I am thinking of Dan. And in one scene the brain surgeon is removing parts of the skull to let the patient's brain swell and I am thinking "why didn't...." and I realized that Dan was already gone when his brain began to swell.

And when it was over, no one had died, the characters were laughing and I reached for the phone. Except the guy I usually call to talk about Grey's Anatomy couldn't answer anymore. But I know he would have loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment