Dan

Dan
Dan Gisvold at Bear Creek

Monday, April 25, 2011

Not a Day

Not a day goes by that Dan is not in my thoughts.

I often find myself wondering what he would have said about this or that. I even wonder what he would think about my writing about him.

I have been deeply depressed from the last few days. I sang at a celebration of life for a long time supporter of VAE and we all sat through the service. It was very moving. The symphony played. Her daughter gave a beautiful eulogy. It was held at the Performing Arts Center on the Cal Poly campus which she had been involved in funding. There were lots of people.


Imagine being able to build this-

And then sing in it.

We sang "The Lord Bless You and Keep You".

Yeah, the one that we sang at the end of our concert for Dan and Jed's mom and all the others that we lost these last few months.

And it kinda set me off. Or rather set me down.

I can't put a finger on it. It has just been a malaise. An inability to really do anything except stare into space.

I am starting to come out of it. We start singing for the California International Choral Festival tomorrow which means we sing in about 5 languages which have nothing in common with English. That should perk me up again.

Dan would be so pissed that I let the black cloud show up. Especially because he was somehow the cause. Time to get off my cloud and start living again.

I will think of him tomorrow with a happier thought process. I promise, Dan.

No comments:

Post a Comment