Dan

Dan
Dan Gisvold at Bear Creek

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Planning the Wake

The "plan" is to have a barbeque up at the cabin at Camp Nelson over Memorial Day weekend.

The initial thought was that we should do something at the little chapel there. My daughter gagged at that one. Dan hadn't been there since our cousin David got married some 30 years ago! Heaven (literally) only knows when the last time was that he stepped foot in a church except for a VAE concert. He just wasn't that kind of guy.

So the back deck is where everyone will be. Overlooking the South fork of the Middle Fork of the Tule River. Looking up the canyon past the "Umbrella Tree" to Slate Mountain. Listening to the wind come up the river gorge and sing through the pines and manzanita and oak. Pretty good church for a 1923 cabin.

One of the things that Dan did not get to hear that he wanted to hear was Jed, Melodie and I sing together. We never have done the trio thing. I am thinking about that. But it is hard to sing when you are crying and singing for him just might do that to me.

I shall cogitate upon the thought, as Dan use to say.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds perfect. I don't think I'd be able to sing in that situation, but if you can, even better.

    ReplyDelete