Dan

Dan
Dan Gisvold at Bear Creek

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Inga

Dan would have loved last night.

Barbara Hoff, the accompanist for Vocal Arts Ensemble, was honored at the first Performing Arts Center Honors in the instrumentalist category.  In tribute to her, VAE sang Lux Aurumque and It's for Music. Barbara wrote the music for the latter. The lyricist, Dale Wolff, conducted that number.

But what Dan would have loved was the person that gave the recognition speech from VAE. It was Inga Swearingen. Dan loved her music. He loved that she was from the Central Coast and that she sang with VAE. He loved that he could hear her every once in a while on Prairie Home Companion. He would have LOVED to have met her.

I know that he would have loved meeting her because even though Inga and I had met only a few times, she made a point of talking to me. I had told her last time we met that Dan loved her music and she remembered. When I told her that Dan had passed on she was truly touched.

So I went to her You Tube site today. It's been there for awhile but I just hadn't checked it out. I don't know if Dan ever did. But I know he would have loved every second of the first song that came up for me. The country, a barn, and jazz. What more could an intellectual trucker want?

Check it outhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CSwNPs66LA

No comments:

Post a Comment