Dan

Dan
Dan Gisvold at Bear Creek

Friday, March 11, 2011

Tsunami

My morning routine has me on my computer with a cup of coffee right after the dogs are fed. I get the news, check my email, look up my Facebook account etc.

This morning I stopped with the news. I watched in horror and disbelief as Japan and its people suffered from the power of the earth.

I listened in fear at the words from our local government that began to list areas of evacuation and closure in my town in preparation for the tsunami that was coming this way.

My first thought when the warnings came out was that Dan lived in Pismo Beach. On the beach and that he needed to get out of there.

But he wasn't there. The moment was horrid. I didn't know what to do with my thoughts, my emotions. So I sat and watched and cried.

I cried for Japan and I cried for me.

The tsunami came and went. It was very small here. But what I felt was not.

I watched the news tonight. I didn't cry. But my sadness remains. I am sad for the Japanese people and all who are affected by such devastation. There are so many who are suffering extreme loss.  I can only hope that they can find ways to live through the pain.

They are in my thoughts. I am sure they would be in Dan's as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment