Dan

Dan
Dan Gisvold at Bear Creek

Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Hairdresser

About 15 years ago I started to lose the bright blond hair color that I had always had naturally. So, I started to color it.

I  finally figured out that I couldn't stay a bright blond forever. So, my hairdresser and I decided to let it go to its natural color (whatever that was) and give it a few highlights.

We have been doing that for about a year.

Yesterday I went in to have my hair done. We didn't do any highlights. We talked about Dan. My natural color is the same as my brother's. It is now auburn. It stunned us both. I have no gray.

We cried a little and laughed a lot. Amy had cut Dan's hair when he was in town. She misses his grin and his stories. She touches my hair and remembers him.

It is hard sometimes just to comb my hair. Other times, I just laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment